Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ahhh the smell of Lilacs

This one sort of speaks for itself - don't you think?



Come a little closer....



I used KOH-I-NOOR Hardtmuth pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color the flower. You can't see it in the pic - but there is a small shadow in between each flower and surrounding to bring out the color just a bit more. I thought about using Crystal Laquer but ultimately decided against it. The simplicity works I think.

A wee little peek inside....




Stamps used in this card - P75 Lilac (retired)


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh girl...what can I say...soooo pretty! When I did a sneeky peak (yes, I'll admit that I did) at this card the other day I was dying to leave a comment...I LOVE it! I've used this stamp on several occasions and have never been let down with the results...it's a must have stamp. The colored pencils and mineral spirits trick is the way I have always colored it too...just gives it that perfect look.Awesome job my friend :)

    ReplyDelete