Friday, August 26, 2011

What do you mean there are other colors besides pinks and purples....

Soooo, the other day I made a card for a challenge and put it up on my "all things crafty" blog. I made the comment that I can't believe I actually used blue. I like blue...it's a pretty color, but I just never reach for it when making a card. Well, some smarty pants, and I'm not one to start naming names or anything, *cough-Wendy-cough*, sorry, something in my throat...where was I...ohh yeah, I was informed by someone that there were other colors on the color wheel and that I should try them out.

I'm taking baby steps....I used my usual purple, but paired it with kraft and green. I have to say that someone was right...I'm feelin the purple / green combo....shhh, just don't tell her! (again, no bling...it's killing me but my cards are designated for OWH)
I wanted the balloons to look like they were floating up out of the box when it was opened so I knew I would pop them up on foam tape, but I really wanted more of an effect than that. I had the little twirly guy from the leaf accent set sitting out from a different project and it hit me that I could use it to show off my floating balloons. Ohh, and did ya notice how I changed up the sentiment...

Supplies:
E106 small happy birthday
PF14 party time stamp set
PF51 leaf accents stamp set
F208 open box
RB-7317 chocolate brown grograin ribbon
DeNami Card stocks

Thanks, Tina


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of the color wheel - bwahaha! Actually the purple and celery is workin - I like it!

    Now for those balloons - holy schmoly! Love that you "lifted" them off the page with the foam tape and swirly stamp! Super cuteness going on there!

    ReplyDelete