Thursday, September 15, 2011

Boxes Boxes and More Colorful Boxes

Did you see the wonderful BLOG CANDY we are giving away on yesterday's post? You didn't well....click HERE and get entered....really you don't want to miss it....seriously - go look....we will wait.....


So...all entered now? OK on to today's post a fabulous card by Tina!



Have ya ever seen something and just simply fell head over heels? Well, when I saw this layout on one of those free idea sheets at a big box store, I knew I just HAD to give it a whirl! I've never done a monotone type card before, but I have done and seriously lurves me some little panels and color blocking. I had to change it up a bit and add my own little flair...you know me ;)


Of course I couldn't resist pulling out my much loved "go to" set of stamps for this one. I loved "coloring" in all those little panels with the same color I was stamping with...what a great effect. Why haven't I done this before??? The original used the same stamp for all the panels...can someone say boring? Also the main sentiment/focal point panel was straight and theirs was just a picture, not sentiment...again, boring. I also added that jaunty little bow....you all know how much I puffy heart me some ribbon! I love how it turned out but am open for your suggestions on how to change it up even more....


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love all the pastels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this card is FANTASTIC! I might have to borrow some of those ideas. I LOVE the panels and the colors so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are sooooo many ways you could go with a design like this. And that ribbon - Fantastical!


    And ummm yeah you need to school me in photograping cause yours looks so good and mine....well....no comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. One that I will use. I like the frames, the wide stripe and the tippy frame. Simply pretty!

    ReplyDelete