Sunday, September 25, 2011

If I were a blinkie....

If I were a blinkie, I'm almost certain my forehead would say "I <3 chickies!"
Cause let’s face it…we ALL do!! How can you look at one of those little guys and not fall head over heels? That being said, how many chickies can you fit on one card (said in my best owl licking a tootsie pop voice)….wait, strike that…I just SERIOUSLY showed my age…ohhh bad bad bad. Since the Owl and the tootsie pop are retro, does that make me retro too?? Hmmm, let’s just look at the card and ignore all that and my age shall we ;) ??

Now for some reason (my picture taking incapability wouldn't have anything to do with it hehehe)the black panel looks like it's at the top of the card. In reality  it's pulled down a little so that there is a little of the base card showing and the black panel is popped up with foam tape.

Since I wanted to keep the chickies “boy / girl” even, the top right chickie was “invented”. I needed another girl and didn’t have a single one (just the girlfriends one) so I used the plain chickie and added the teeny heart stamp for a princess wand. Now that I think about it, I could have given her a bow in her hair too…dang it >.<  !

Each chickie is outlined in citrone glitter and has a little crystal lacquer accenting something. I wanted to pull in the yellow from the chickies so I added that yellow border...not sure if it's working for me or not.




Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this card is workin for me this morning girl! Love that you just "invent" what you don't have :)

    And for the record...according to the Owl...it takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop...but it has been a while - maybe I need to test that theory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember the tootsie pop owl when watching Saturday morning cartoons! CLASSIC! I think this card is super cute! I love how you used all the different chickies. Plus, the added heart wand is precious! Now I can picture a card like this with 9 squares, a la Brady Bunch. LOL Speaking of the 60's and 70's, I could TOTALLY see Disco and Hippy Chickies in the future! How cute would those be? I should tell Paulina!

    ReplyDelete