Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Family

Ohhh how I puffy heart LOVE the DeNami's Jack O'Lanterns!! This little number just steals my heart if I may say so myself! I like how I used dark colors yet still accidently kept the look of the card bright. Don't ya just love when stuff like that happens?
My little pumpkins and leaves are actually not paper pieced...they are stamped, masked and stamped again. I had a different idea for this card, but as ya'll well know, sometimes cards take on a direction of their own. I fussy cut the whole scene and attached it to the card. There are 2 leaves that are paper pieced...just one on each side because I had to cover up the fact that the leaves on either end were cut off...that whole switching directions thing, it was intended to be a full panel so I stamped the leaf off the page...Nothing a little paper pieced leaf couldn't fix! I'm really gettin into that whole ink distressing thing. Started out with white cardstock and used a Stampabilities orange and Versacolor vintage sepia to create my background. Everything is stamped in the vintage sepia color.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

2 comments:

  1. This card is just so stinkin cute! And love the distressing! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job with the masking! Super cute pumpkin family! Don't you just love how a little paper piecing can fix just about anything?

    ReplyDelete