Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Silver hearts

After having such good luck with my Valentines card for the blog hop I decided to play with velum once again. I just LOVE this color combo and was happy to finally be able to use those large rhinestones that come in the package that you never seem to manage to use. I used the N134 teeny heart background and the N21 heart border, hope you like it. I made the card from a plum cardstock and added a pink panel that I punched a pretty border on. I stamped the teeny heart background in a dark pink to gray cardstock and mounted it using foam tape then attached the velum that I have embossed using the heart border stamp and silver embossing powder. To attach the velum I simply used my quickie glue pen and traced the stamp on the back side and a little spot where I knew I'd place the rhinestones. I really love seeing the teeny hearts through the velum.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty color combination! BRILLIANT suggestion, too, for tracing the image with your quickie glue pen to make the vellum stick! So smart!

    ReplyDelete