Friday, February 17, 2012

Bon Temps Rouler (let the good times roll)

I'm not sure if ya'll know where Wendy and I hail from...we may have mentioned our respective state at one time or another. But, anyway, I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. Why am I telling you this you ask?? Well hold your horses, I'm getting to it (hehehe).

MARDI GRAS in  ST. LOUIS

I'm bettin ya'll had no idea that St. Louis' Mardi Gras celebration ranks 2nd largest in the United States - over 50 floats in the parade alone not to mention a seventy square block area of street venders, concerts and Madi Gras mayhem....we LOVE a good party! Like most cites, we name our neighborhoods and  the Soulard neighborhood happens to be our party central. It looks like a mini french quarter in New Orleans...LOVE that area. Only draw back is that I'm in the next neighborhood over...lots of drunks wandering around and for some reason they tinkle on just about everything...nice, right?.  Don't get me wrong, I will be there and have a little hurricane or two, but this girl buys her beads, there is no "earning" them if you get my drift...well, I'm hoping I don't "earn" them... (and you don't want to pick them up off the street...trust me...way nasty) and there will definitely be no tinkling in public!! ;)  In celebration of this fun and wild shin-dig, I thought I'd make ya'll a card...

I was originally going to use a yellow cardstock for the "gold" but lucked out and found a piece of gold velumn in my stash. For the tag I colored in the design and filled it all in respectively with amethyst, gamma green and gold glitter for a lot of sparkle.
 
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

1 comment: