Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines day!!!

Since it's Valentines day I thought I'd better show one of the valentines that I had yet to post...Valentines kinda snuck up on me. To make matters worse, it's hubbys birthday too. As I sit here (on Monday afternoon) typing this post, do I have a valentines or birthday card made for him...that would be a big fat NOPE. I need to get busy...dang job and life sometimes gets in the way of what's most important...making cards!

I just LOVE this all in one chickie stamp and thought with valentines day I'd see it alot in this past weekends blog hop...but it was a no show. I masked off the sentiment and stamped the chickies then using Satzon I stamped the sentiment on white grosgrain ribbon. The only red I have is from Momento so I really took a chance stamping the teeny heart on the ribbon...you can see that with in a couple of hours it didn't work out so well. I still kinda like it though...almost an abstract look. Everything doesn't always turn out perfect, sometimes you just work with it.


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo stinkin' cute!!!! Love how you stamped on the ribbon! Also, the little hearts in each corner are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete