Friday, March 23, 2012

Bright and fun flowers

I'm gonna have to show Blogger a little love today...usually Blogger is not a real good friend and has a habit of being a little mean at times. However, today, Blogger is rockin'! Love the new changes that I'm seeing today...way to go Blogger!!

Wow, here in the Midwest we are having some strange weather...it was 85 degrees the other day...what the heck?!?!?! Well all this warm weather and rain has lots and lots of flowers blooming...so pretty!!

I just had to pull some out and play with them. While figuring out what I wanted to do I randomly pulled out some cardstock...without even thinking about it, I pulled out the current DeNami color challenge colors! I just love Emily's choice...she did awesome picking this combo, didn't she?

Hope you like what I came up with...
 I used Magenta, Desert Orange, Lime & white (for the daisies & leaves) cardstocks
I wanted to have lots of dimension and texture so I dry embossed the orange strip that I edge punched and also dry embossed all the daises and leaves. I added buttons to the flower centers (don't tell anyone, but they were left overs from Halloween, lol) Ohh my, have ya'll tried out the new Fuchsia glitter yet...ohh I just LOVE it. It's not as red as the cranberry and not as hot pink as the magenta...it's more of a dark pinkish/purple, you should really try it out...what a great color!! I used it on the larger daisies and strawberry freeze on the smaller ones.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the paper you used for the flowers. It really adds a great deal of interest (I found myself blowing up the image to take a closer look). Whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty!! The challenge colors make this lovely card so cheery. Perfect for spring!! I'm so glad you were drawn back to these colors to play again :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I literally gasped out loud when I saw this! Oh my word this is utterly incredible! All that embossing adds such amazing texture and the LO, the glitter, the buttons...WOW. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this great vibrant beauty Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous! the colors and dimension are perfect. i LOVE that ribbon section.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--what a striking card! Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all of those BEAUTIFUL flowers!!! And the texture added by the embossing is super fun too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! JUST WOW!!!! This is one of my all-time favorites of yours! It is STUNNING!!!! I have to say it again...WOOOOOOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete