Tuesday, May 22, 2012

friends, blinkies, challenges and butterflies....

Whew, I think my post title says it all! I have a long post for you today...just so many things I want to talk about!



DeNami Addict
 First off, did you notice the little tab that says "DeNami Addicts" at the top of our page?  We thought it'd be great to spotlight friends that support us by featuring our blinkie on their blog. If you'd like to be featured, just grab our blinkie (code is under the blinkie tab) and let us know. Today we welcome Greta, from GG Creations. She recently started her blog and has started joining in on the DeNami Design blog hops. We'd LOVE to add all of you as a friend so be sure to grab our blinkie!! 

Did you get a chance to check out our very own challenge here at DeNami Addict?? The theme is "garden" and you don't have to use a DeNami product. We'd LOVE for you to enter and have a chance at a great prize!! Submissions are due by June 11 at 11:59pm pst.

Last but not least....
I have kind of a long story for you that leads up to todays card...I was playing with the new gusseted bags that DeNami Design has started carrying and came up with what I thought was a cool idea. Paulina, from DeNami is so amazing and inspiring that I immediately thought of her weekly tutorials and how one of her uberly talented design team members could surly do one on this cute little project. I took some pictures and sent an e-mail. I was just so happy that she loved it. I told her she was welcome to the idea and that I was sure a team member would do a great job. Never in my life did I think for a minute that she'd use exactly what I had made and put my name all over it!! I'm so dang flattered, amazed and humbled! Paulina posted my little tutorial this past Friday, I hope you had a chance to visit the DeNami blog and check it out. There is so much inspiration and trendy fun on their blog that I make it a priority to visit every morning!
Wire tied treat bags
Well, I decided that I couldn't have a cute little treat bag and not have a matching card....
This is my first attempt at a ruffled ribbon...it's harder than I thought! I guess I don't have the gene that allows me to be random! I ended up redoing it several times before I got so frustrated I finally gave in, lol. I just can't get enough of DeNami's new butterfly collection. Aren't they just simply YUMMY???


I want to send a HUGE thank you to Paulina & everyone over at DeNami Design and to the commenters for the love I received with my tutorial. Here it is several days later and I'm still just so overwhelmed!! Don't forget that they have a tutorial almost every Friday...I can't wait to see what the talented Design Team comes up with next!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card. I love the colors you chose for the butterflies. A wonderful springy card that anyone would love to get. Your treat sacks were such a great idea. You underestimate your talent. Great job! I love this blog sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got your cute blinkie @ Sweetheartsandsweettarts.blogspot.com

    Thank you for having such a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card!!! i love those mini butterflies :) Your tutorial was awesome. I love the idea of making wired ribbon...so creative! I'll be adding your blinkie to my blog. It's sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling project! And yes, I love the new butterflies, too!

    ReplyDelete