Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thought I'd try a couple of challenges

Good Morning everyone! Today is Wednesday and we all know what that means...this week is 1/2 over!! Can't wait for the weekend for some relaxation and much needed crafty time :) I will have to admit that since I started reading a little book series that my crafty time has taken a hit. I just can't seem to put these books down...I'm on the 3rd one and am sad to see them end...sigh, I'll miss Mr. Grey ;)

I did get busy and finish up a couple of cards I had started for the following challenges...
DeNami Design color challenge

CAS-ual Fridays Sweet Spot challenge

I'm really loving the color palette that DeNami DT member, Wendy, came up with...how pretty!! Then add in one of my all time favorite things...polka dots, how can a gal go wrong??

I started out with a black card base and added lots of layers using charcoal grey, iridescent pearl and white cardstocks. I used the dots from the basic borders set to bring in the polka dots from the dry embossed panel and added a simple vase with greenery. For the vase I stamped it and colored it in with a dark grey marker. I then stamped a leafy sprig and colored it in. I wasn't happy with the "neat inside the lines" coloring, it just didn't pop enough. I decided to trace outside the lines making the yellow bolder. I then re-stamped the vase and fussy cut it out, colored it and filled in the whole thing with Crystal Lacquer to give it shine and dimension.  After it was all dried I cupped it a little and attached it over the one I stamped on the panel. I had a hard time deciding weather or not to put a sentiment on the card, in the end I just left it off. I hope ya'll like it as much as I do :)

Thanks for stopping by!




Have a great rest of the week!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you got the chance to try out these 2 fun challenges. Love the embossing and fun layers. I can't believe I haven't used that pop or flowers yet... maybe today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant, Tina! It almost reminds me of the ever-so-thoughtful sympathy card you sent our family.

    Thanks for taking on the DeNami challenge, and best of luck on the CAS-ual Fridays challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CAS-ual Friday challenge was my little project this morning too!

    I love the polka dots you placed beneath the flower pot. It looks really good! It is a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love all the layers of dots, it really pops! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word. This is my favorite card so far! (am I allowed to say that?)
    Love this. LOVE it!!!! Great job with the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:) And thanks for joining the Denami color challenge too*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love this CAS card! Those dotted lines are perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays and the DeNami Color Challenge too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO elegant, Tina! I love the spare design, and boy did you rock the polka dots AND the colors ! Lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card! Oh, and I'm currently reading book 2 in that series you mentioned. ;)

    ReplyDelete