Monday, July 30, 2012

a pretty pink and posh birthday card

Hello everyone, I want to thank Wendy for her WONDERFUL post on Saturday and thank all of you for your heartfelt birthday wishes...you gals never cease to amaze me with your kindness!

Not only did Wendy & I have birthdays this month, but the uber fantastic and talented Paulina from DeNami did too! Today I have a different kind of card for you. I wanted the card I made for her to be something special and to reflect her personality.

I saw one similar that was really elegant and girly and just down right posh. I thought I'd give it a try with my own little DeNami loving spin. Now I normally don't use patterned paper, but on special occasions I will break some out. This little card definitely called for some, there was no other way to achieve the look I was going for.
This card is a little odd because you can see straight through it to the inside/back panel and that there's no inside message...just the little tag. The top pink panel was cut out using a Spellbinders die then I attached a piece of acetate to the back side. The ribbon (Hobby Lobby brand) was threaded between the panel and acetate so that it looks like it hangs in mid air. The only thing I wasn't happy with is the color of the sentiment. The patterned paper is a little slick so I had to use Staz-On ink. The color I had on hand looked good when I stamped it on a scrap piece of cardstock but the color didn't hold true on the slick pearlized paper. It's kinda neat, and you can never go wrong with a pink and chocolate color palette, but it's not a very practical card since you can't write a message, but then again, sometimes you just don't need to.



2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is lovely! I am such a fan of elegant, "girly" cards though! The pearls make it so special! As for the lack of verse/writing area, next time you could make that tiny tag a simple lift note or sometimes I even add a patterned paper pocket to the back of the card and slip in note there! Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to guess Paulina absolutely loved this pinkalicious card! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete