Friday, July 27, 2012

Ahoy Matey!

Blogger note: I wanted to give Paulina a little shout out and thank her again for her help yesterday. I wanted to reply to a comment, however, it wasn't set up to do that and I couldn't figure it out. I asked her for help and two seconds later she had it all fixed...she's Da-Bomb!!

Not so long ago I was talking with Paulina about this little card and when I addressed her personaly I actually said "Ahoy Matey" ...her funny response, "Seriously?!?!"  Yup, seriously! I just couldn't resist!! ;)  My cheese factor was off the charts that day, I have no excuses!!

Do ya'll remember that WONDERFUL post with a video where Paulina made a little pirate card using the layout from our current challenge right here on the Addict blog? Well, her darling creation inspired me to make a pirate card myself...it's perfect for my nephew's 10th birthday at the end of the month. At his age it's easier to just give cash so I'll attach a little 2 X 3 1/8 glassine bag from DeNami to the inside cover with a few bucks tucked inside. It'll be just like finding a treasure!


If I did this card over again I'd definately make a change or two. I was going for a specific look with my map...like it was still partiality rolled up...I just couldn't get it to corporate and look good so I went with just the edges rolled up a little. It looks okay, however, along with the ink distressing I should have roughened up the edges too. But then again, I should have saved myself a headache and just did the torn edges like Paulina did in the first place...I just love that look, but at the time I was thinking I didn't want it to look like I just copied hers...what's a gal to do, right?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I think your nephew is going to love this card! I love the treasure map!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! It made me laugh and think of my husband, always taking the scenic route!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! And belated happy birthday. I found a link for the stamping on glitter technique for you: http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2012/06/stamping-on-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh my, That's awesome! Thank you soooo much! :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love the map and the boat...so perfect for a 10 y.o.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius. I have nothing else to say except absolute GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete