Monday, August 27, 2012

Pastel flags

Hi everyone and happy Monday...Okay, I was trying to be up beat, but I hate a Monday just as much as the next guy....sigh. The weekend was way to short as usual! 

Today is the last day to enter the current challenge over on the DeNami blog. I really seemed to struggle with this one for some reason. I did manage to eek out another submission though.
I decided I wanted to make individual strips to make up my panel and came up with doing a tone on tone design. I played around with twines and ribbons but wasn't happy with anything I draped across the panel. After thinking on it a bit I decided that little flags might be kinda cool. I ran white twine around the panel and then attached it to the card base with foam tape. Then I stamped and fussy cut little flags then inked them up to match my panel. To give the card even more dimension, I attached the little flags with more foam tape.

Someone I know was in a car accident this past week and I think she's putting on a brave front but may not be as okay as she's saying. Having had my own very scary accident a few weeks ago I really know what she's going through. I thought I send her this little card...hopefully it can make her smile :)
 

 Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! But, oh the fussy work! Love the colors! You did good, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panel is very beautiful and the little flags coordinate wonderfully. I think your friend will really appreciate this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banners are so cute Tina ~ sweet pastel colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute--love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really awesome. Not only is it DeNami-licious, but it's Fawn-tabulous, too! LOVE! Two of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete