Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Monochromatic color challenge

Wow, September is starting off with a bang! Not only do we have all the usual stuff going on here at the Addict blog, but the gals over at DeNami are helping us celebrate National Stamping Month with a series of challenges! Here's all the info you need if you'd like to get in on all the fun....Month Long Challenge{s}. There's actually a series of 4 challenges that make up the month long challenge. You can enter as many or as few as you'd like. This first week we were to make a monochromatic card. This card was due on Monday the 3rd, I emailed the photo since I didn't have a chance to post it.

Here is a link to DeNami's facebook page with all of the entries. To vote, simply click on the picture you'd like to cast your vote for then click on the "like" button to the right (under the entrants name). That's all there is to it :)  

I wanted to make something girly / pink / blingy and had a rough idea of what I wanted to do. It ended up turning out WAY different than my vision of a pink birthday card! Sometimes you just have to let your creative side take over....

All of the cardstock is the same shade of cream (by DeNami). To get the paper to look like different shades and to stand out, I simply dry embossed half the panel with one folder, then dry embossed the other half with another folder. The different textures really make the panel stand out. The panel and sentiment are both popped up with foam tape. I layered some ribbons on the top panel and made a layered bow to match. The Prima roses were the hardest part. They have green leaves that I had to trim off...easier said than done. They sure believe in gluing them on well! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! And please, even if you don't want to vote for me (I'm secretly hoping you do though hehehe) I hope you do go vote and share some love for one of the other ladies that entered.



1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are doing well with this beautiful card! I love all the cream colors!

    ReplyDelete