Not so long ago our fearless leader, Paulina, introduced us to a new and very cool trend over on the DeNami blog. She made what's chalked a "chalkboard" card. This technique is so fun and cute! I just couldn't wait to try it out...
- fold a piece of colored cardstock of your choice for an A2 sized card base
- cut a piece of black cardstock to your desired panel size
- stamp your image using Versa Mark and heat emboss with white embossing powder
- using a sponge wedge, cotton ball or other distressing tool, swipe white ink all over black cardstock making sure to swipe heavier in embossed image area.
- finish embellishing as desired and adhere to card base
Paulina did hers just a little differently, she used a white colored pencil for her white highlights so she had a little more control over the "chalked" areas. I think both ways of doing it turned out pretty dang cute! I decided I wanted my sentiment to take center stage so I added a couple of "flags" and a button to complete my card. This new Love sentiment makes me smile...it's just so pretty! Why don't you give it a try? If you do, let me know, I'd LOVE to see your creation!