Thursday, January 31, 2013

You're sweet treat

Ever since I came up with the adorable stocking card I made for Christmas, I've wanted to play with the layout a little more. I liked the idea of a flat panel...kinda postcard style card and wanted to see what else I could create using that concept.

It didn't take me long to come up with this sweet little treat.....
You don't want to know how many boxes of conversation hearts I went through to get all those pink hearts ;)

 
I started off with a kraft panel and layered on a cream panel that I had stamped a pretty little pattern on. For the 3rd panel (pink) I stamped the teeny heart background, randomly stamped the sentiment, I edge punched it and added a length of ribbon before adhering it to the base panels. I attached the little glassine bag using my ATG and the ribbon doubles as a pretty embellishment, but also helps hold the bag in place. I added adhesive to only half of my punched circle layer so that I could filled down the top of the bag and tuck it behind the top half of the punched circle to keep it closed. I can add a little hand written note on the back or leave it just like it is, either way, I'm thinking the recipient is going to love it!
 
Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. The recipient is going to love it! It is a very creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surely do love this one. Pink and brown, scallops and girly additions everywhere? Yes, please! I love that you only used pink candies- something I totally would do, too!

    ReplyDelete