Monday, April 15, 2013

Tool Talk - April, 2013

If you're here looking for my Fancy Favors hop post, it's just one down...THANKS!

Hi everyone and welcome to another edition of Tool Talk! Today I have another uber talented and sweet gal that was willing to share her favorite tool with us. I feel so lucky to have everyone I've asked agree to participate!! These gals are so gracious!! Well, I won't keep you with my rambling...on with the post!

I've had several of you gals ask about the tool being showcased today and I was in fact toying with the idea of a little video on it. I was really excited when I saw what Emily had decided to share with us...how PERFECT!!!


Greetings, DeNami fans and addicts! It's DeNami DT member Emily here today from My Little Slice of Bliss. I was so flattered to be asked by Tina to share a Tool Talk with you here on the Confessions of a DeNami Stamp Addict blog today! One of my very favorite tools (and one of the oldest in my arsenal) is the Stamp-a-ma-jig from EK Success.



I know that some stampers are soooooooooooooo talented at placing their stamped images perfectly just by eye-balling it, but I am definitely not one of those talented folks. I like my sentiments and images perfectly straight, aligned, and centered! And I'm my own worst critic ;). So this tool has been a godsend to me--there's hardly a project in my gallery on which I haven't used it. I especially love using it with my wood-mounted DeNami stamps! No guessing, no placement mistakes! 

Want to see the Stamp-a-ma-jig in action? Here's how I used it to nest a pair of DeNami circle stamps.

1. Align the clear image sheet in the corner of the Stamp-a-ma-jig arm. Ink your stamp and fit it into the same corner, sliding it down to meet and stamp on the clear image sheet.


2. Carefully remove the stamp and Stamp-a-ma-jig arm. Position the clear image sheet so that the stamped image is placed exactly where you want it. Here I am aligning the dotted circle inside the Thank You circle that I already stamped on cardstock. (I like to hold the cardstock onto which I'll be stamping in place with a couple of Post-It notes so that nothing shifts.)


3. Holding the clear image sheet in place, carefully slide the Stamp-a-ma-jig arm into place so the corner of the clear sheet fits snugly in the corner of the Stamp-a-ma-jig. 


4.  Remove the clear image sheet (leaving the Stamp-a-ma-jig arm exactly where it was), ink your stamp, fit it into the corner of the Stamp-a-ma-jig arm, and slide it down the corner to stamp on the cardstock.


5.  Ta da!!


I used the same steps to stamp a DeNami Cherry Blossom inside my nested circles.








Once you have finished using your Stamp-a-ma-jig for a project, simply wipe the inked images from the clear image sheet with a bit of damp paper towel, dry, and you are all set to move on to your next stamping project!

I hope this clears up some of the mystery of using a Stamp-a-ma-jig. It's super simple to use once you get the hang of it with a little practice!

Thanks so much for letting me share one of my favorite tools here today, Tina!!

9 comments:

  1. I love this tool too Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tutorial, Emily. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow awesome tutorial... thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tutorial Emily! I've never seen how this one worked. I use a stamp position-er same idea, different tool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tutorial Emily and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never used a stamp-a-ma-jig, or any of these sorts of tools, so it was neat to see how they're used! Thanks for putting this together Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you formatting this. I have a bunch of the Denami circle stamps and it frustrates me to no end when I can't get them to line up correctly. I am not much good at the eyeballing it thing. I never thought of using this tool for it although I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, this Stampamajig is so necessary for perfect placement of rubber stamps! Great tutorial, Emily. I find it interesting that other people hold their SAMJ's in different positions than I do. I must be backwards! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for showing this tool, I have wondered for a longtime how to use this tool, I am a visual learner and this really helped me understand the workings :o) Now I can put it on my mother's day wish list! Lol. Erin Welch

    ReplyDelete