Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sending you love...

Hi everyone!! I know that I've been kinda quiet here on the blog and seriously quiet on Facebook over the last couple of weeks. Let me fill you in just a bit....I started off this year with great hopes, but unfortunately 2014 has not been too kind!! I ended up with a horrible bug that was going around. It was mostly like a bad sinus infection that no over the counter or prescription meds would help clear up. After that little bundle of fun was mostly cleared I had a little abdominal surgery. The surgery went off without a hitch but unlike previous abdominal surgeries I've had in the past, I had a LOT of trouble with the after effects! Not sure if y'all are familiar with the procedures or not, but anytime they go into your abdomen they pump it full of gas. This helps distend your tummy and move things apart so that they have room to work. Normally over the course of a few days after the surgery you've expelled all that gas in a most un-lady like fashion. ;)  However this time the gas traveled up into my chest and behind my shoulder blades causing extreme pain and pressure and according to the doctors, this sometimes happens and is completely normal. My lungs still had a bit of gunk from the sinus junk I had had going on and this did not help in the least...uggg! It's taken almost 2 weeks, but the pain and pressure from all that gas is just about all gone....WOO-HOO! I'm feeling really good and getting back on track. I hope to be able to get back into my crafty groove right away too. I received my order for all the new DeNami images (boy are they awesome!!!) and haven't been able to even play at all! I'm soooo sorry that I'm behind and haven't been able to show you any pretty little things using the new release. It's something I plan on working on this weekend...promise!!!




Until then, how about a little cutie I made before all this junk got started?? I had this large flower in my stash for a while now. Normally I don't use large embellishments but this flower is soooo pretty in real life and I've been trying to find a way to incorporate it on something. Since the petals are like little hearts I thought it was perfect for a little Valentine. Since it's so large I knew it had to take center stage. After MUCH thought and trial & errors galore, I came up with this....






Well, that's it for me today. I hope you liked my little Valentine and I'll talk with y'all soon!!


5 comments:

  1. That sounds terrible! Hope you're feeling a lot better. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, oh boy. I did the creeping crud thing this year too. It ain't pretty. Neither is the gas in the belly thing. I hope you are on the mend now so you can sit down and play with your new DeNami. I love what you've done with that fancy flower! Very nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you haven't been feeling well Tina, I'll keep you in my prayers. What a wonderful bloom on your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better and recover quickly! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Tina! Love that big flowers and oh that heart is just beautiful! The lace looks amazing on this card too. My goodness girl you have been through the wringer!! I'm so glad that things are looking up for you know. That gas stuff is nasty, I am so glad that pain is leaving you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete