Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Elegant Birthday Card...

Today I have what I'm going to label an elegant card. Not so sure if it's elegant, but it is pretty. As ya'll know, I have a love an obsession for those gorgeous 6X6 pads of patterned paper. The reason I find them so perfect is that I don't have to sit there and wonder if the colors and patterns I'm mixing really work together or just look retarded. Honestly, I used to spend soooo much time doing that that it was pathetic!! The little pads of patterned paper has already done the work for me, what's not to love about that????

I needed to make a birthday card for my Mother. She's not into bright colors or bold patterns so I pulled out a little 6X6 pad that's chocked full of darker papers along with some light & medium colors that coordinate so well together and are perfect for her tastes. 


This layout was super simple -  a light colored card base, layer a piece of large patterned pattern paper, layer a wide strip of cardstock, punch a coordinating smaller patterned piece of patterned paper on both long edges and layer on the cardstock strip then embellish however you want. I thought the elegant word plate was perfect for the look I was trying to capture and Nami's writing is sooooo pretty and perfect for my sentiment. I added some pearl and lace trim that a sweet friend had sent me along with yummy seam binding from Paper Sweeties and finished it all off with a little twine and a rose button. Thinking I'll revisit this layout again, it really worked out well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment