Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pretty Lilacs

Hi everyone :) How is your week going so far, mine is slow!!! I'm hoping the second half picks up a bit!!


 Today's card is a little different for me, I decided to try and switch things up a little...does a girl good to get out of her box once and a while ;)  I've used this layout before, but I changed up how I laid out the colors. I started out with a light colored card base in lavender then built the darker / richer colors onto that. Usually I would do just the opposite by starting out with the darker color for my base and brightening the card with layers of lighter colors. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, I think the large area of eggplant cardstock lends a deep richness while the green adds just enough brightness and contrast balancing it all out.
 



I'm thinking I'll have to try this with a few more color palettes, I really like the overall result. See what stepping out of your comfort zone can achieve ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Tina! I love too that you reversed the way you normal would do your layers. Yes, it is good to step out of our comfort zone sometimes. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside of your box looks good on you!! Lilacs are my fave, love this Tina!!

    ReplyDelete