Friday, August 29, 2014

CAS Washi Card

Good morning everyone! Are you at work today or off playing and enjoying this holiday weekend? Me...well I have to work a little but will be outta here as early as possible to get my weekend started! I don't have any specific plans, just going to play it by ear for the most part. However, I do need to get crafty for the Addict blog, The Shabby Tea Room and for my upcoming classes at The Stamp Pad here in St. Louis. 

Recently a friend of mine purchased a roll of washi tape that's 2" wide and filled with encouraging little sayings. It's actually called "quotes" and I found it on Amazon in case you're interested in it, she purchased hers here locally - Hazel & Ruby Fat Roll Washi Tape 2in X 26ft  Color Block Quotes.

Well, like all of us at one time or another, when she set eyes on this Washi she knew she had to have it but when she got it home she had no clue what to do with it! I can't tell you how many times I've done that with different stamps, dies and embellishments, lol!! So, after mulling it over a few times she gave it to me and said "do something!!!". Like any good friend would do, I accepted the challenge! Honestly, I was thrown for a loop myself! It sat on my desk giving me the stink eye for several days before I even touched it....it scared me! Finally I knew I HAD to do something with it so I tore a piece off and put it on a piece of scrap paper and started carrying it around with me...hoping against all hope that something out of the blue would pop into my mind. One evening while waiting on dinner at a restaurant I pulled the dreaded piece of scrap out and was looking at it, turning it in different directions...just playing with it in general. Finally the thought popped into my head "why do I have to keep it in one piece, why can't I cut it up?". FINALLY...an epiphany!  I mean, yeah, I could use it as is and tape down lengths of it next to each other to make a full background but that seemed the easy way out. However, in hindsight, maybe what I did here was take the easy way out anyway....

I wanted to keep it simple but yet make the Washi the highlight of the card. I made a white A2 card base, cut a piece of white cardstock and ran it through a polka dot embossing folder then mounted it with pop dots/foam tape to the card base. I cut out blocks of the Washi that I had adhered to white cardstock and attached them to the card and finished it all off with a smattering of sequins that I added Stickles to. What do you think, did I take the easy way out, lol?? What would you do with Washi like this??

Well that's it for me today, I hope you have a great weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well Tina, I am loving that washi tape and I sure love how you used it! I don't think you took the easy way out at all and the sequins really pull it all together. Good for you for persisting and making something with this washi tape! We are just doing what we always do, nothing for the holiday. lol Hubby usually works at the farm and DS will be home from college and will work as well. So I will do a little crafting, cooking and just my own thing. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete