Friday, August 22, 2014

Classic Black & White

Happy Friday...are ya glad this week is done? My week isn't quite done yet, I am teaching a card making class featuring Flowersoft at a local stamp store tomorrow. Sunday will be my day of running errands and housework...so much for having a weekend, lol!

Today I want to share a classic little color combo with you...
As I said on Wednesday, this card is very easy to put together. I started out with an A2 sized card base in black then layered on a white panel that I had ran through a dry embossing folder. I attached a length of sheer ribbon around it and glued it down flat on the front where it meets (covered by the center square). I made a panel layering black and white cardstock for my sentiment. and attached it flat to the card front. I punched 3 scalloped squares out of black cardstock and cut 3 white squares from white cardstock. I stamped a design on each white square (making sure I remembered that I was using a diamond shape so I stamped using a corner as the bottom instead of one of the sides) before laying them onto the black ones. When I had the panels layered I simply attached them to the front of the card using foam tape/pop dots. To finish it all off I added a pretty little bow  to "anchor" sentiment. 

I don't think you can ever go wrong with just black & white...it's timeless and classic. However, you can jazz it up by adding just a little pop of color. For example I could use a different color ribbon like red, yellow or even a pretty teal, skys the limit on the color selection. I could also stamp the sentiment in a color that matches the ribbon color. How would you change it up and add color?

Stamps:
That's all for me today, I hope you have a great weekend! I'll see you back here on Monday with a new challenge for The Shabby Tea Room.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE the layered punched pieces Tina, this is lovely and so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Tina and I agree with you, black and white is so elegant and classic-you can never go right with this color combo. I love too an additional pop of color. I am looking forward to this weekend because my son is coming home for the weekend. lol I hope you can enjoy your weekend even though you will be working. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete