Friday, November 21, 2014

Hello from some woodland friends...

Hi everyone and happy FRIDAY!!! Boy ohh boy am I ever ready for this weekend! As y'all know I have a full time job and I also teach card making classes at a local shop, am on 2 design teams plus have this little blog...that's a FULL PLATE! Well, I must be a real sucker for punishment, lol! Last weekend started deer season here in Missouri and the little village where the stamp store I teach at is located decided to host a "Deer Widow's Weekend"...fun, right?? All the little shops were offering special sales and incentives. When asked if I could help out in the shop I naturally said yes, lol...seriously, I MUST be a little touched in the head ;) because after working all week I was going to give up my weekend to work more! And boy was Saturday a busy busy busy day! The weather turned pretty yucky and we ended up with snow and ice on Sunday so it was a little quieter. While I thoroughly enjoyed myself and honestly, it didn't feel like work to me because it was something I really enjoyed doing, I'm pooped out and in need of a bit of down time. Ha, I say this knowing full well that I will need to get crafty for the blog and to start putting together the card making kits for my next class...sigh. It never ends, lol!! But for tonight, I'm running away with my bestie as she scored us tickets for Mockingjay...woo-hoo!! Been waiting for this movie to come out since the day I saw the previous one, lol!! 

Well, you aren't here to listen to me ramble on, you're here to see a card....
My bestie just LOVES herself some cute little critters so in honor of hanging out with her this evening how about DeNami's Woodland Friends? I just love these little guys...too cute!! Well, I made a super easy layout that is perfect for any of DeNami's little scenes like this one. I used a Mama Elephant die to cut an A2 sized card base (tall fold) but a normal square edged card base would be just fine too. I actually had this on on hand so it's what I used. I cut a patterned paper panel and attached it to the card base then cut another craft panel and a white panel. After edging the craft panel with a Pretty Pink Posh die and stamping / coloring my image I attached the 2 panels together and added a bit of twine then adhered it to the card base with foam tape. I decided it still needed a little something so I added a little flag with a simple sentiment under the focal panel. I really wanted to use the Friends Fur-Ever sentiment but unfortunately I don't own that one...go figure, right? But you know what, I think the simple "Hi" from the everyday greetings set makes it's own statement and is perfect anyway. 

Thant's it for me today, I'll see you back here on Monday. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are sure super busy Tina!!! But busy can be good and it is busy stuff that you love. How fun it was to help out in the store. And how fun for a girls night out, I hope you ladies had a great time!! I love your cute card Tina, those little critters are adorable. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete