Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Time to play with Christmas images

So I had a little free time this past Sunday...about an hours worth actually but I was hoping for more...sigh! Anyway, I did manage to get a little crafty in my spare time. ;)  I had everything prepared for the next class I'm teaching at The Stamp Pad and had already turned in my project due for The Shabby Tea Room so I pulled out some new goodies that I received last week and got busy playing! Did you know that DeNami had a small quiet release recently? Unfortunately it came about the same time as my gallbladder issues so I wasn't in any shape to play with them and tell y'all about the darling new images...what a bummer!! But boy ohh boy are there some cute ones...including the beloved mascot...CHICKIE and friends!

I showed this on Facebook this past Sunday right after I made them and thought that it needed sharing here too!

While making this card I ended up getting the usual "I'm hungry" complaint from hubby. He was ready for dinner and the zoo keeper needed to feed the animals, lol! I already had the card pieces cut out and colored so I rushed to put it together and then snapped the pic to post on the DeNami Addict Facebook page. After cooking and cleaning up the kitchen I checked Facebook and looking at the post realized that I FORGOT to add a piece of red cardstock behind the chickie panel that I had cut and edged! Ohh my, see what happens when I get rushed?

Well, I corrected that little oversight!
I had a bit of trouble getting my chickie panel up due to having to use permanent tape runner (hate using that) but I managed and also managed to add the red panel that I found laying in the floor next to my chair...uggg!

As you can see, this is a very easy layout, quick to put together (even when using all the pieces, hehehe) and used only 2 stamps! Aren't those new Santa hat wearing Chickies just adorable?

Stamps:
Merry Christmas sentiment
Chickie Christmas garland

You can find the whole new release right here! Hope you love it as much as I do. Let me know if you have purchased any of them or plan to...I'm always curious to see what you make!!

1 comment:

  1. This is totally adorable, Tina!! The Chickie Christmas Garland is one of my favorites from the new release too!!! And I love the chevrons in the background---so super fun!

    ReplyDelete