Friday, December 12, 2014

Valentines in December

Hi everyone, how was your week so far...are you glad it's finally over like me? I'm ready for some down time. I haven't had a second for myself in quite a while. Last weekend was supposed to be quiet but then I ended up working full days at the little stamp store I teach at. We had over 800 people come through the store plus 3 class sessions going on not to mention that I taught a class on Friday night! Wow, last weekend was something! This weekend I'm supposed to go shopping with my Daughter-In Law. She's not a shopper, lol, this should be interesting!!


Alrighty, on with today's card. Before I show it to you I have to explain it because y'all are going to think I'm a bit touched in the head for making a Valentine in December. While that really isn't up for debate because I know I am, lol, I'll explain anyway. ;) You know that I've been filling in here and there at the stamp store I teach at right, well, we recently got in a new product and all the ladies pick it up, look it over, say how pretty it is then put it right back down. We all know what that means...we need a sample showing how to use the product! Last Friday night I was once again battling insomnia so I whipped up this little Valentine card. I NEEDED to use the feather as it was the product that doesn't seem to be floating off the shelves and I just bought this new Key To My Heart die set from Taylored Expressions (LOVE LOVE LOVE Taylored Expressions!!) that I've been just dying to use (the lattice die , stacked "blooms" and the sentiment from the Many Mini Holiday set are all from Taylored Expressions too - Obsessed much?? hehehe).



Unfortunately all of the sparkle doesn't show up in pictures but there is a TON! I started off with a white A2 sized card base and using a make-up sponge randomly swiped on Momento Angel Pink ink then randomly swiped on a little bit of Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Bubble Gum. I set that aside and cut the lattice from Doodle Bug Sugar Coated paper (gotta love some glitter paper) and adhered it to the base. I next layered on a small white doily then ran a touch of TomBow glue down the vein of the feather and attached it. I die cut the little flower scallops out of white cardstock then distressed the bottom and top with the Momento ink and the center one with the Hero Arts ink. I stamped the sentiment in the Hero Arts Ink, added a bit of twine and then attached them to the card (I popped the top layer up on foam tape but the other 2 are flat). Using the glitter paper again, I die cut the keys and lock then adhered them to the card too. The die makes little hearts from some of the cut outs in the keys and lock so I used those too, why throw away perfectly good sparkly hearts, right? To finish it all off I added the little Doodlebug button/brad thingies and brushed Crystal Stickles (with a make-up sponge) onto the feather and sentiment.



Well I hope you like it and why not get started on Valentines. If we can have Christmas in July then we should certainly be able to have Valentines in December (hehehe)!

No comments:

Post a Comment