Thursday, December 4, 2014

Winter Trees Shaker Card

Hi everyone, hope all is well with you! Yesterday the weather got above freezing and finished melting all the ice that we were hit with Sunday night / Monday morning. My week is finally looking up, it's almost over here at my "real" job and tomorrow I'm taking off early...woo-hoo!!...so I can go play at the stamping store I teach at. I have a class to teach tomorrow night too, so that's even more fun! I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I'm just going to relax and take it easy after working in the stamp shop for black Friday then teaching an all day double class on Saturday! I'm thinking I deserve a little R&R ;)

Did you know that DeNami Design has a sketch challenge running?? I'm sooo excited and couldn't wait to make a little something so I could join in! There's still time for you to play, it doesn't end until Sunday, December 7th.
Remember, sketches are ALL about your interpretation, they are meant to be fun so flip it, rearrange it, change it up and put your own spin on it. Take my card for example - instead of a paper strip going down the  left side of the whole card I used a length of ribbon on my focal panel and instead of my flag being on the lower right corner I simply added a tiny one to my bow.

Well, I was going to post this  tomorrow for the challenge but since I'm going to be a bit busy playing around I thought I'd post it today...
 I made a fun little shaker card! I started off with a white card base (A2 sized). Then cut a white panel and stamped on my sentiment, F244 Tidings Of Joy, then dry embossed it. I set that aside and made my little shaker piece to which I added die cut trees, S S02 Extra Fine glitter from DeNami and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. After adhering it to the dry embossed panel I tied on a length of ribbon and attached the whole piece to the card base. The bow needed a little something and I still needed to add a flag as per the sketch so I added the little tag/flag that I die cut then stamped with the pine sprig from the PF02 Classic Christmas petit four set. To finish off the card I added a large die cut tree and I originally added Extra Fine Glitter to it using a Quickie Glue Pen to it but the glitter didn't show up as well as I wanted it too so I broke out some Stickles to make "snow". 


I'm also going to add this cutie to the gallery on the DeNami Design blog. Did you see the post where we can share our Christmas creations? HOW FUN!!!

Well that's it for me today! I'll see you back here on Monday with another fun Surprise!! I hope you have a terrific weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you deserve some R&R too Tina! Love your take on the sketch, your card is so beautiful, white with that pop of green is just beautiful and of course I love that it is a shaker card. That ribbon is gorgeous too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete