Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Everything is just daisies...or so I thought!

You ever do something the hard way and then later (24hrs in this case) think "DUH, I'm such an idot!"? This card is my testiment to my just not thinking it through. I had a vision in my head and just ran with it versus stopping and looking at it from all angles. I made a little extra work for myself, but in the end it turned out just like I envisioned so I guess all is well, right...well, except fot the fact that I'm an idiot? ;)

Well, here's the card...
A little closer look so you can see the button stamped back ground...
I was making this card for a challenge on a blog I visit regularly. I knew exactly what I wanted to do when they announced the color pallete and button embellishment theme. Where I went wrong was with the main focal point. I knew I wanted the flowers to pop so I wanted to emboss them. The only colored embossing powders I had on hand were black, white and a silver sparkly one...hmm, not good. I tried stamping my stems in my regular ink and very quickly threw on some clear embossing powder...just as I thought, it didn't work. I stamped/masked and stamped again for my flowers in a regular ink. I then restamped everything using a stampin-ma-jig and Versa-mark, embossing them with the clear powder. I had to do the stems and flowers seperately so the powder didnt get knocked off while trying to position the second stamping...UGGG, what a pain!! Now here's where I'm a complete idiot. As I was writting the post on my personal blog for this challange, It FINALLY dawned on me..."crap, I have a versa-mark and an embossing pen! What an idiot I am!!" Yes folks, could have saved a lot of time and agrivation and gotten the same result...live and learn. I'm not perfect and will never claim to be lol, but I will remember this and remember that I have those pens from now on ;)


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

4 comments:

  1. Oh is that a little Daisy stamp I see??? Hehehehe.....don't ya just love that stamp? I may or may not have had a daisy stamp in my hand yesterday....just sayin...

    I love this card and yes....I have been there and done that on things I could have done so much easier...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little daisy stamp may or may not have been boughten (is that a word?...is now I guess!) because of some gal that is always
    pulling it out and showing just how awesome of a stamp it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this card is just so fun! Love the colors, the stamps used, those scallops (don't you love that border punch?!), and seeing that sentiment used is always fun. Great job, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes make things over complicated, too, and afterwards thing, "DUH!" However, the important thing is the end result, and YOURS is gorgeous! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete