Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chickies, flowers and butterflies...

Chickies, flowers & butterflies, ohh my! Can you ask for better elements on a card?

I have been super busy with life and working on all the new and exciting things I'm going to be bringing to you here on the blog that I hadn't had time to enter DeNami's current sketch challenge *GASP*!!


 I finally got a few minutes of free crafty time and came up with this little guy...



I started out layering golden tangerine & lime cardstocks onto a chocolate base. Now I normally use this color combo for fall, but the white cardstock and vibrantly colored butterflies really brighten up the whole color scheme and make it quite "springish". I made the background paper using the new Spring Garden set and shaded the butterflies using green with yellow and pink with orange for a fun look. I used an orangish yellow color and chocolate for the little flowers and used Momento's Pear Tart ink for the teeny swiss dot.  The chickies hand/paw/flipper thingie ;)  is paper pieced because I wanted to add dimension. I was trying to show that it's "wrapped" around the flower stems...hope I achieved that. I finished it all up by adding a couple of butterflies from the Fancy Flutters set, a little twine, a boutique button and some bling.


Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this card is adorable. I am in love with the way you used the twine and button! Also, the Large Chickie holding a bouquet is genius! GREAT job on this sketch challenge, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than your awesome card, the best part of this post is, "I finally got a few free minutes of crafty time..." And a very productive few free minutes it was! It looks like you spent a lot of time on your card and it is just darling. I think I like the whimsical background the most! I'm super into my craft punches so I really like that element as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job making this color combo look springy. The chickie holding the flowers is SO Cue! Love the border punches and use of twine, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout, and what a darling chick! I am going to have to do more with my punches! Great card!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE, Tina!!! I LOVE how you have the Large Chickie holding a bunch of tulips!!! SOOO CUTE!! And your handstamped background and color combo are so Springy and FUN! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Design Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally sweet! I love how the large chickie is holding a bouquet of tulips, and aren't these bright colors fun? I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with this month's DeNami challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete