Friday, May 18, 2012

Tuesday Trigger - colored layers

Hello everyone :)

Have you ever noticed how sometimes a trend takes on a life of it's own? Well a certain little color palette seems to sure have! I just see it everywhere these days!! It's so fun and bright, can't say as I blame people for falling in puffy heart love with it....
I haven't had time to enter challenges on other sites lately but have made myself a promise to start making that a priority because I really do enjoy it! The yummy picture above is for the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxi Fab World. I just love Cath's quirky take on the world and her choices for trigger items! The stacked cookies made me think of layers, so here's my take on it....
I just can't get enough of DeNami's Spring Garden stamp set...it makes great background paper!! Well that's all I have for the Moxi Fab Challenge, but I have some other info I want to catch ya'll up on.  I want to remind ya'll that our first monthly challenge started this past Monday and runs through the 11th of June...you do not have to use a DeNami product, but if you have some, I'd sure love to see it cause I'm always looking for new ways to use my coveted collection! DeNami Design is sponsoring our challenges with a gift certificate so if you don't own any of their fab stamps yet, this could be a great opportunity to start that collection!! And lastly, did you see today's post over on the DeNami Design blog??? I'm a tad embarrassed...I made a little photo tutorial and told Paulina to keep my name off...the little snot didn't listen, she's so lucky I really like her, hehehe!! ;)  I guess I have to own up to it now, hunh? So if you have a minute, stop by there and see my tutorial!



Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

7 comments:

  1. I really love the cool colors and the layers you did. Nice layout, and would not change a thing!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking a picture like those cookies and making a card based off of it. I just posted some amazing quilts I saw last weekend that really inspire me to make a card with the quilts' color palate.

    I think the layering you did at the bottom of the card is exceptional. It would take me my entire life to get that right. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Love the way you used in the colors in the border punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT card ~ I wouldn't change a thing. I love the lacy border layer ~ reminds me a bit of ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card!Love the scalloped layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty! I love all the layers of scallops. :)

    ReplyDelete