Friday, July 6, 2012

It's July...do ya know what that means?

Well, for me, it means LOTS of birthdays! I have 6 in July...but there are 3 in particular that are super special, our very own Wendy, Paulina from DeNami and of course, ME! ;)

Do ya'll remember way back in March, DeNami Design had a really fun birthday themed blog hop? Well, I had my card all ready to go and then they went and came out with the new spring line of stamps...I simply HAD to make a new card for the hop using the wonderful new line of stamps. I mean seriously, have you seen anything cuter than that cupcake chickie???

Anyway, here's the card I had originally made....I finally am getting around to showing it to ya'll! I stamped the presents, then fussy cut the whole edge and then colored any white edges that still showed blue to match the inside strip.


To give it a a lot of dimension, I stamped and fussy cut several more presents and attached them with foam tape. The yellow panel with the fun blue strip is actually on the inside!
Here's a look at it fully open so that you don't see the inside of the card...
It was hard coming up with a way to photograph it so that you get the feel of how the whole edge is fussy cut so that you can actually see the inside edge of the card when it's closed....I think I managed, well, I hope I did anyway. ;)

I have a couple of announcements for you this morning....
First off, Sunday starts the Summer themed blog hop over on the DeNami Design blog!! WOO-HOO! I can't wait to see all the inspiration these talented ladies have for us. Wendy will be here on the Addict blog with her card and you can find mine over on my personal blog. Hope ya'll can join us!

Second, the little color challenge I have running right here on the Addict blog will end Sunday night. You still have a little time to enter...I sure hope you do!  And don't forget that my new challenge will start Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love this card! It is just so full of color and fun!

    ReplyDelete