Thursday, April 25, 2013

A shabby chic Mother's Day Card

As I've mentioned before, Paulina from DeNami (and her personal blog, Pretty Pink Posh) has me playing with patterned papers. She is truly inspiring and I've gotten so many good ideas and places to shop (feeding my habit) from her. Well I did it again, I pulled out some pretty patterned paper to play with. After I made this little card I texted a picture of it to Paulina and told her "Look what you've made me do, I hope you're at least a little bit sorry". She laughed at me and said that she wasn't!!  Hmmpff...That girl!! ;) What am I going to do with her?!?!? hahahahaha
 
I'm seriously in love with little double sided 6 X 6 paper packs. All that beautiful coordinating paper makes me smile. It's so easy to use, I simply used the top portion of the page for my background then edge punched a little piece of the left over scrap and flipped it to the backside for a perfectly matching border strip. To finish off my card I added a little lace and DeNami grosgrain ribbon before adding a little doily that I inked up in pinks and a little gold. A little flag and pre-made embellishments tied it all together.
 
I'll be back tomorrow with one final Mother's day card...thanks for stopping by!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment