Monday, April 29, 2013

A Sweet New Friend

It's not very often that I will use a "contraband" stamp and even rarer that I show them here on the Addict Blog. But something captured my heart so I thought I'd share it with ya'll. Not so long ago I was was introduced to the sweetest little stamp company over on the Pretty Pink Posh blog, Paper Sweeties. I fell head over heels for their darling little designs. I knew right away that their designs would work beautifully with my DeNami stamps. Their stamps bring back memories of my childhood. I LOVED playing with paper dolls, I guess little girls now a days have no clue what they even are do they? The Paper Sweeties line carries a couple of different "dolls" along with fun accessories to dress them up in and for them to "play" with.

I started out with a white card base that I inked up a little added a layer of rose colored stock and then a white layer that I stamped using the Teeny Swiss Dot & the Mini Rosette. The pink layer was edge punched and I stamped the Teeny Heart Background with more Mini Rosettes (in versa mark). To finish it all off I stamped the sentiment on a fussy cut Elegant Oval Frame and added some pretty ribbons and a paper rose before adding the darling little girl all dressed up in her Easter dress (fussy cut from patterned paper). I love that this dress can be used for anytime of the year, not just Easter! Did you notice that she's holding a little cupcake from the Mini Sweet Treats petit four set?
 
I think this card came together rather well for my first attempt at using the Paper Sweeties stamps and I was right about them working so well with my MUCHO LOVED DeNami stamps! I can't wait to play with them a little more. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment