Friday, June 21, 2013

Rocket Man....

Hello everyone and welcome to the last day of 4th of July inspiration week! I totally have Elton John's Rocket Man song stuck in my head, hehehe!! I'll refrain from singing and you can thank me later for that! My Daddy always said I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket...but hey, I never let that stop me!! ;)

I saved my favorite creation for last....
I made my own little chickie by using the Fuzzy Ball and a little face from the Animal Faces petit four set and I added a little hat from the new Everyday Hat set too...how cute is he?!? Does the Rocketship he's riding look a little familiar?? It's the DeNami Rocketship, but it was way too small for my Fuzzy Ball so I stamped it then copied it at 100% enlargement on my home printer/copier. A little fussy cutting & coloring later....a chickie on a rocket! After coloring the rocket I ran into the issue of not having any card stock or patterned paper that matched it. I did however have an ink pad that did so I did what I do best....I made a background (and the little strip with the stripes too)!! The stripes are actually DeNami's Blue Washi and for the background I sponged the blue ink onto white cardstock then using the same ink pad stamped the Brushed Stars. To fill it in a little I stamped the Teeny Star in red and yellow.
 
With all of these themed weeks we have been way off schedule. Ill be back to normal posting next week and have decided to start the week off with a fun little tutorial so make sure to check back in bright and early Monday morning!!

Well that's it for me today! I hope ya'll have a great weekend :) I'm going to be busy playing with my stamps for some fun floral and summer creations that hopefully bring a smile to your faces!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! And congratulations on being chosen Paper Sweeties Friday Featured Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! Love that little chickie with his cute patriotic hat on! Adorable!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete