Monday, July 29, 2013

birthday monkeys

Heya everyone! Did you have a great weekend? Mine was pretty darn good. :) Hubby added to my charm bracelet and I had a girls day with my Mom and sister. Unfortunately I didn't get any crafting in, but crafty shopping more than made up for that, lol!

One of my nephews, well, great nephews (wow, I'm old!) was having a birthday and I wanted to create something as fun and silly as he is. I broke out the monkeys and got to stamping!

I started out making the little flags using the bunch of bananas, peeled banana, the little leaf from the elegant floral set and the happy birthday sentiment from the thoughtful greetings set. I stamped the  swinging monkeys on a white panel and added more leaves and dressed them up with fun party hats from the birthday celebration set. To finish it all off I added some fun scallops, a strip of yellow Washi and a little cupcake to my button. I'm feeling pretty darn proud...twine, button, glitter and yet it's still all boy...now that's a feat, lol!!

Sorry that the picture is a little crappy, I forgot to take one before I sent the card! That's what I get for being in a hurry! Not too bad for a picture that was texted to me, lol, but would have been better had I been on top of things ;) 

 That's it for me today! Don't forget about the birthday fun I have going on...there's less than a week left to enter for the random drawing for a $25.00 Denami Design gift certificate!
 All the info can be found here, you have until July 31st.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...love those little monkeys and bright papers! What a fun card for your nephew! He'll love it! And, so happy that you had a great birthday!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, this is so cute! I love the orange color! I have always loved that stamped and yet it's not one that I own...."gasp"!

    ReplyDelete