Monday, August 19, 2013

A little sun and a margarita...that's all a girl needs

Hi everyone! Today I have a little card to share with you that I made for The Shabby Tearoom blog. I was lucky enough to be abole to guest design because I had won a challenge :) The inspiration over there is mind boggeling...WOW! And contrary to the name, it's not always "shabby". While I love me some shabby chic eye candy, I can rarely pull it off, :(  however, I just do "me" and submit that...it's loads of fun!!

Anyway, I was given this picture:
 
For picture inspiration you can draw from the colors, theme, textures...what ever speaks to you in the picture. The one stipulation we had to abide by was to use a metal object. This picture immediately made me think of the Mimi Lounging stamp from DeNami! Only problem...I DIDN'T OWN THAT STAMP!!! :o *gasp* That's horrible isn't it?? Well, what's a girl to do but ORDER IT! ;)  Hey, I'll use any excuse to order me some DeNami yummyness, lol!!!
 
 
Here's my card and a little gift to go with it...


 
I plan on eventually sending this to my Niece, Amanda. This all fits her perfectly :)
 
 
A little close up...




 I'm going to admit that at first I had a few issues with Mimi. The way the stamp is, is that she always on a bit of an angle. This leaves a lot of "white space" in 2 of the corners of the panel you stamp her on. I ended up playing around with layouts for over an hour and then had to sleep on it. I finally came up with this and was pretty content with it. The little paper clip originally came with a different ribbon on it. I simply changed that out so it matched the rest of the ribbon :)
 
That's all for me today...see y'all later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment