Thursday, August 1, 2013

For Your New Baby....

Heya everyone, surprised to see me today??? Well, I have some fun news to share with you. I was invited to guest design/participate in 3 blog hops to celebrate Paper Sweeties stamp company's 1st birthday that takes place this Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Ya'll have seen me use their stamps before...the darling little paper doll stamps with the fun little outfits to dress them in, little banners and who can forget that yummy seam binding! For a prize they are giving away their entire August release!!!! Hmmm, is it too late to back out so that I could be eligible to win...dang! ;) I've heard little hints about it and saw one little hint on their Facebook page...YUMMY new images!!
 
I have 2 challenges I wanted to enter so I thought I'd better post it today because I think Monday is too late for both of them...well one of them for sure. My week has been totally thrown off due to personal family issues (nothing bad) being dealt with...I'm way off with what I'm needing to do and dates this week!
 
For The Shabby Tea Room we were supposed to make a baby themed card and were given this little inspiration picture...
 
The directions said our card could be for either a boy or girl, but I decided I wanted to make more of a monochromatic gender neutral card.

For the challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack they are calling for us to "Bling It Up". Now ya'll know I love me some bling...this is an easy peasy theme!
 
 
I started out distressing a kraft A2 sized card base and smaller panel with Tim Holtz tea stain distress ink. Then using white ink I stamped the DeNami polka dot background and some pretty flowers (in lieu of lace since I have no lace stamps or lace handy to "ink over") from a random set of stamps I have. I layered some cream and kraft punched circles that I had distressed with the same ink as the base & panel. After a little creative stamping I got my little elephant facing the proper way and randomly stamped him with the brand new DeNami paisley stamp. For my little flag I used a sentiment from Paper Sweeties Sending Springtime set. It originally said "for your new nest" but again, I used a little creative stamping. ;)  There's a sweet little bunting border stamp under the DeNami "baby" sentiment...not sure who that's by either. I finished it all off with some rich chocolate sparkly ribbon and 2 shades of fibers before adding 3 different style of roses (cloth (with a giant rhinestone), paper & resin). I wanted to add tiny rhinestones to the stamped flower centers but got to thinking that it may be too distracting so I left them off. I'm still being all wishy washy about it!
 
Blogger Note: I decided to add that extra bling and am happy I did...love the results! This is the version that I will enter into the 2 challenges. What an improvement a little touch like tiny blings can make :)
 
 
 
That's it for me today, hope you like my little elephant :) and don't forget to stop back by for the next 3 days for 3 separate blog hops! I'll have the full list of participants on each of my posts so that you can join in and the deets for winning the entire Paper Sweeties August stamp release!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your monochromatic card. Love your layers and pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at JO's FFC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, love the little elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tina this is sooooo adorable!!! Your elephant is precious, love that you stamped the paisley for some added detail. The roses are gorgeous and the bling definitely looks awesome! Love, Love it!! Thanks so much for joining us in our "bling it up" challenge this week at Jo's FFC!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and beautiful card! I love that cute little elephant and I love the papers and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Jo's Funday Friday;-)

    ReplyDelete