Friday, August 23, 2013

Versatile wreath

Hi everyone and happy Friday!! As promised I have a little photo tutorial, however, my camera is still being a real pain in my tushie and it would not throw me a bone what so ever...grumble grumble! :(    My pictures aren't all that great, but I didn't want to let y'all down so I pushed through it :)
As a lot of you know, I was lucky enough to be able to work in the DeNami show booth last weekend. I had the BEST time ever!! I met soooo many sweet DeNami fans and had a great time telling gals all about the yummy goodness that makes up DeNami...sigh, it was a dream come true! I also got to run the "make & take" table all by myself! I was demonstrating something that I don't pull out near often enough...Crystal Lacquer Pearl Pens. I showed gals how to use them to color, hold glitter and add lots of great dimension. The only downfall (if you can call it that, lol) of the weekend was that we were soooo busy the whole time that there wasn't two seconds to really "talk shop" with Nami. I would have loved to watch her create some beautiful cards and bounce ideas back and forth. But was a blast none the less :)
Nami had the brand new Winter Wreath pulled out and was making beautiful fall wreaths in warm and rich earth tones with lots of sparkle. She even used it for one of the classes she taught...wish I could have seen it!! Well, it gave me an idea, I wanted to do a little tutorial showing just how fun and extremely versatile this stamp can be and why I think it's now on my 10 must have list.

How does a card that's practically one layer, has lots of bling for the holiday season and takes only about 5 steps sound?? I'm going to start off showing you how I made a pretty little Christmas card (it's not that far off ladies!!) then on Monday, I'll showcase several other cards I've made ranging from everyday to several holidays just so you can see the true versatility of this one little image.
I gathered a few supplies:
Cut a piece of white cardstock to 5 1/2 X * 1/2 and fold in half to form an A2 sized card base. Stamp the wreath on the center using a medium brown ink color.
  
Using two different green inks, fill in the wreath with the pine sprig from the Winter Pine stamp set.  Then, using a dark brown stamp the pine cone from the same stamp set. Add the berries from the Classic Christmas petit four set in a reddish color to finish filling it all in. *Don't be afraid to layer those ink colors!!

Using the same ink that you stamped the wreath in, stamp a little banner on a piece of scrap white cardstock. Stamp the Noel sentiment from the new Christmas Greetings stamp set along with some berry accents and fussy cut.

 Using one color of Crystal Lacquer Pearl Pen or Crystal Lacquer & glitter at a time, add accents as desired. I ended up adding a couple of additional colors that I didn't picture in my supplies list. * I added some Strawberry Freeze along with the Cranberry and some Cirtone along with the Evergreen for some contrast.

Once your giltter is dried attach your sentiment using foam tape (or you can do this step before you glitter) and add a pretty little bow.

Here's my finished card...



Just 5 easy peasy little steps is all this card took. Don't forget, I'll be back here on Monday with a fun line up of other cards using easy basic layouts and this very versatile wreath!


4 comments:

  1. Tina! This is lovely! Oh my! Pine is just so one of my favorites and I own way too many of them! I have a standing joke with my stamping friend to make me put down anything pine/pine cone related and walk away! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Miss Tina ... I am completely smitten with this lovely holiday card! I was following along, step by step, loving it all ... and then I swooned when I saw those PINK berries -- LOVE! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had loads of FUN working the booth Tina!! Your card is divine, WOW you really made that new wreath shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had lots of fun working in the booth! I just LOVE this Christmas card with the wreath! It is so pretty! And, thank you for the wonderful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete