Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall expresions

Hi everyone :)    Did you have a chance to hop along in the DeNami blog hop this past Sunday? I haven't yet, but plan to right away!!
 
Today I want to share a little something that took me WAY out of my sparkly pink ribbon tied box. I really like to challenge myself once in a while. Not sure if it's to keep myself on my toes or I just like punishing myself, lol!



I simply can not get enough of those yummy leaves. It's a die from Taylored Expressions. There's 4 leaves all together and they're the PERFECT size and I am ohh so smitten with them!!! I wanted to do something that high-lighted the leaves and those darling DeNami pumpkins (mini pumpkin & autumn stamp set) and after a few trial and errors came up with this card. I started out with a cream card base and panel (raised on foam tape) then added splotches and splats from Sweet Stamp Shop and the fine splatter (an old Stampin' Up stamp).  I thought it still needed something under the leaves and pumpkins so I added some washi. Good thing that stuff is forgiving...I originally used orange and green then decided I didn't like it so changed the orange in for some brown! I added the leaves and pumpkins to finish it all off. I really wanted to add a sentiment (twine at the top with a teeny tag in upper left corner), but after mulling it over a bit I decided that this card just didn't need one. What do you think, sentiment/no sentiment??
 
That's it for me today! I'll see y'all on Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun design TIna, love the mix of stamps and wash! I say no sentiment, looks great just the way it is!!

    ReplyDelete