Friday, November 15, 2013

Poinsettias aren't just for Christmas...

Ohh my goodness, I must apologise to all of you. I've just been so off kilter these days that the blog has suffered a bit! It's been a couple of months since I've done a "tips & tricks" post...where did the time go??? Am I really that busy in my life or do I just think I am...jeeze???? Either way, I've neglected y'all!


With Christmas right around the corner (there's that where'd the time go thing again!!) and DeNami having some of the prettiest holiday images out there (in my opinion) I thought I'd pull a few out. Now unless you've robbed a bank or won the lottery, your like me and don't have unlimited funds to be buying  a ton of stamps. With that being said, I thought I'd show you my all time favorite DeNami Holiday image and how I can easily change it up for any occasion...not just Christmas!

 By changing up the colors from the traditional red and green it made this little card perfect for a thinking of you, birthday or even a wedding for that matter!


It was very simple to make and came together quickly. I stamped my background using the berries from the Classic Christmas petit four set and the small flower from the Poinsettia Vine cling set. I stamped the large poinsettia on my little scalloped circle, then stamped it again on scratch paper and cut out just the little center flower part and popped it up on foam tape. Add a little amethyst glitter and there ya go, a poinsettia for any occasion! If I were using this for a birthday or thinking of you card I think I'd use a little bit larger punched circle so that I could use one of the DeNami circle sentiments (best wishes, birthday wishes, thinking of you, etc..) around the poinsettia. And if I were doing this card in Christmas colors DeNami's circle stamps come in a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays sentiment also.


All of the circle sentiment stamps can be found under the borders & frames listing.
Classic Christmas set
Poinsettia Vine cling set


Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment