Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Interactive cards....

Hi everyone...how's spring coming along in your neck of the woods? Here in Missouri it's not! :/  Monday was in the 40's and we had snow & drizzley rain then overnight it dipped below freezing so Tuesday we woke up to cold and a little ice and reached a high of 40. Today we have strong spring winds but we're only going to reach mid fifties for our high...what happened to "warm" Spring weather?? 

I'm really enjoying teaching card making classes at the little shop in Kimswick, MO called The Stamp Pad. All the gals are just so nice and we have a great time during the classes. I thought today I'd show you what we did for my last class a couple of weeks ago. Each month when I teach a class I try to have a common theme for the four cards we make, this month it was "interactive". 

 baby themed shaker card
I LOVE that The Stamp Pad carries a nice selection of different shaker pieces (clear plastic cups) and colored overlays to match, it makes making shaker cards easy peasy!! No cutting or punching and using foam tape to make the "shaker"!

 manly themed belted card
I've always liked this little card layout and it lends itself to gals and guys. You can dress it up for a girl by making different paper choice of course but you can also make the inside panel a little wider and scallop the length with a border punch so that it peeks out when the card is closed.

 flowerpot card 
This is such a fun little card. It can be a tad tedious if you use pieced flowers like I did here but totally worth it. To open it you simply pull up on the flowers and they along with your sentiment panel slides up out of the flowerpot. I've made this card quite a while back using the DeNami daisy stamps - small daisy blossom & large daisy blossom. That was a lot of fussy cutting but OHHHHHH so worth it!!

waterfall card
I just love fun little waterfall cards and believe it or not, they are EASY to put together!! I have a soft spot for Paper Smooches and couldn't resist using this cute little kitty set. Each panel shows a kitty related item as they flip up. I would have LOVED to use a DeNami kitty and the kitty related Petit Four but I can only use products that are sold in the shop. 

If you'd like instructions or measurements on any of these cards just send me an email!

Well that's it for me today. I'll be back here on Friday with yet another little chalkboard card. I used a bold DeNami sentiment along with a cute little Petit Four and a fun mix of pattern papers & cardstocks!

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy teaching Tina! I love all the cards you have made, all unique and such fun cards. Wish I lived in your neck of the woods as I would take the classes. Spring was here briefly, then the snow flew all day yesterday-but not laying much. So some white this morning but now very, very windy. Our temps have been in the 20's since Sunday but with the winds chills today we are in the teens to 0. Fun, Fun, Fun! NOT! One day though spring will come and stay or else we will just go right into summer. But one day it will be warm I hope. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet your class is a GOOD TIME TIna!! These are all CUTE CUTE cards, love the flower pot and all of those layered blooms!!

    ReplyDelete