Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Flower For Mother's Day

Goodness, I'm glad we are finally on the downside of this week! Monday started off WAY out of control and Tuesday wasn't much better...sigh! I have high hopes for today and tomorrow I get to have fun because in the evening I'm teaching a card class at The Stamp pad (chalkboard technique). I can't wait for some down time this weekend though, I SERIOUSLY need some!! ;)

Speaking of this weekend, Sunday is Mother's Day, are you ready??? I'm not, lol! Well, I take that back, I sorta am because one of the cards I made for my class is a Mother's Day card but I haven't been shopping in forever so I have no gift! Hmmm, maybe a gift certificate to The Stamp Pad...taking the easy way out but hey, it works! ;)





Well with Mother's Day on my mind I have another DeNami creation for you...

I used one of my favorite "go to" layouts and came up with something that used fairly non-traditional colors. Who would have thought charcoal for Mother's Day, right? I thought the charcoal would lend a touch of elegance and really make the pink pop. I used 3 stamps for this card...Happy Mother's Day sentiment, Elegant Spring Flowers set and the vase from the Garden Accessories set. There's a lot of "white space" and if you follow me for long you will soon realize that I don't normally do good with that, lol...I had to refrain from adding to this card. Now that I look at it on the computer screen I'm glad that I left well enough alone!

Well that's it for me today, I'll see ya on Friday!!!


2 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card Tina! I love that border punch, love your color combo and love that stamp! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Tina... sorry I have not been around much... lots going on but I miss you my friend!!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete