Friday, May 9, 2014

Chalkboard Class

Hi everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I can't believe the weekend is FINALLY here...it sure took it's time and boy was it a rough week this week...sigh! 

Since it's Mother's Day weekend, I'm hoping to get a little much needed pampering ;)

Well, I thought I'd show y'all the chalkboard card for the class I taught at my local stamping store, The Stamp Pad. I had quite a few gals sign up, how exciting!!! I'm really happy anytime someone signs up but this class was fuller than usual so I'm over the top about that! :)

As with the other cards I've shown you from my classes, I have to use products that the store carries (makes sense when you think about it) so I couldn't slip in any DeNami, but rest assured, these could easily be recreated with some darling DeNami stamps!




I have to admit that at first I didn't like the Mother's Day card. After talking to the shop owner, LeAnna, about it she suggested changing the center of my rosette to the brighter color you see in the picture. Amazing what one little change like that can do for a card! I really enjoyed playing with the inks and fun stamps (really wanting the W Plus 9 set on the Mother's Day card!). The Mother's Day card and the copper colored birthday card used pre-made tags from American Crafts. Can you believe the coloring on 2 of the cards was done with regular ole colored pencils...how cool is that? The chalkboard paper I used has a rough texture to it and it holds the ink and colored pencil colors really well. 

That's it for me today, I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you Moms out there! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tina, these cards are amazingly beautifully! I'm so glad you had a large class, chalkboard paper is so in right now but I haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet. lol I just might have to now after seeing your cards. I love the rosette on the Mother's Day card, it is really pretty!! Have a very Happy Mother's Day my friend!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did and amazing job on the cards TIna and I'm so happy you had a FULL class!!! Happy Mother's Day to you ;)

    ReplyDelete