Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Birthday To My Favorite Fireman

Hi everyone!! So sorry for the late post, my life is such a wreak some days!!I was supposed to write this up yesterday but had a slight hic-cup with my doggy. He had surgery on his knee 2 weeks ago. He completely tore his ACL and had a partial tear in another ligament and had quite a bit of scar tissue built up so they did what's called a TPLO. It's a pretty evasive surgery where they go in and reconfigure the bone structure so after months of trying other things that didn't work this was out last resort.  Yesterday I noticed that something was "off". As a mom you just know these things, right ladies? Well I took him to the Vet and they took off his soft cast & splint. They found that his splint (which is basically a 1/2 cast) was broke and dug into his paw which caused moisture in between his toes which is causing issues that no one wants to hear about. Think of what happens when we are on massive antibiotics...yeah, poor little guy!! He had to spend the night there which breaks my heart and made me a nervous wreak all evening! Needless to say, this post was the last thing on my mind! I was imagining all kinds of crazy stuff like the infection spreading to the incision and since they took the stitches out on Monday and were leaving the wrappings off that his leg would fall off...y'all know how we worry over our babies and tend to think on the crazy side! I was there on the edge, lol! This morning my mind is at ease and I know he's doing great and will be picking him up this afternoon...what a relief!!

Anyway, let's get on with today's post. I'm sure you don't want to hear about Moe's knee and my insane-ness!! For my birthday i received a few stamps from Paper Sweeties...WOO-HOO! It just so happens that 2 of my brother-in-laws are firemen so the darling fireman themed stamp set I received is a perfect fit in my collection!! Also, one of them has a birthday just a couple of days from mine so it was doubly fun receiving this wonderful stamp set and inked it up a couple of weeks ago to make him a card! 

I always struggle with guy friendly cards but somehow this one came together sooooo easily!! 

I started off with a kraft A2 card base the layered on some fun orange because I knew that I was going to color Jake's outfit in that hue. I decided to make a little panel for him and added a pop of bright color by adding the blue punched strip. I added a sentiment from DeNami (happy birthday) and fussy cut the helmet and hose to draw in the overall theme, plus the hose anchors the sentiment. To finish it all off I added the buttons in the upper corner. It just seemed to empty up there and this gives me my rule of 3 - the buttons, the focal point & the sentiment. 

Stamps:

Well that's it for me today. I'll see you on Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable (as always) Tina, and the fireman will love it! But I have to get to your poor little pup...OH MY GOODNESS. What an ordeal. Coming from a doggie momma I can feel your pain. Give him lots of TLC and a pat on the head form me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina I really like the card...it's adorable! And your poor little pup :( I am so glad he is doing better. And as a puppy parent, yes we do know when they are "off"...give him some extra luvin' from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Tina, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems your poor little pup has been having!! Yes, us mom's know when something isn't right and a good thing you knew too! These little critters are our babies and I do mean babies. lol I'm glad you will be able to bring him home today. Your card is awesome! I love that fireman, it made such a great masculine card. The hose is great and I love the papers you have used on this one. This stamp was meant to be in your collection! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete