Friday, August 15, 2014

Let's use up those scraps.....

Ugggg, I'm late again!!! My goodness, where is my head these days???? Thank you all so much for the well wishes for Moe! He's doing good today. His little paw (do 100lb babies have little paws, hehehe) is really raw between his toes and he doesn't want to put any weight on it at all. He's cast-less so his toes can have air and dry out properly. Since it's about 2 weeks too early to have it off we have to be extremely careful when he gets up to go out for a potty break and he is now wearing a "cone of shame"...my poor little baby!! He's taking it all like a trooper though and will be better in no time! Here's a few pictures of my precious little boy...
 


Well, after all that cuteness it's hard to switch gears and make y'all look at a card that I made, lol! Moe is a lot more fun to look at ;)


I was playing around trying to come up with a way to purge my scrap paper drawer. I just can't bring myself to throw away pretty patterned paper, even the smallest scrap!! I simply made some "flags" and layered them across the front of an A2 card base. I then added a solid strip of cardstock that I punched and added a piece of Washi (to pull in the purple) and ribbon to. To anchor the whole card I added a couple of punched scalloped circles that I stamped with a sentiment from the Assorted Greetings stamp set and a little circle frame called Double Circle Frame - both by DeNami Design. 

Well that's it for me today! I'm off to go sit in the floor and cuddle with my baby boy. Hope y'all have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pretty layered banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NOOOOO the dreaded cone of shame...poor little Moe! Bet you're glad he's home where momma can keep a close eye on him. Hope he's howling at the moon soon Tina!

    Darling card, I like all of your colorful banners and the rich purple background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, bless his little heart! I hope he heals quickly Tina! I hate to see animals or children suffer because to me they are helpless. Your card is just so pretty. Love the colors and love the banners. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete