Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A little whimsical witchy kitty

Hello everyone! Today I have a card that I made for a copics coloring class I taught at my local stamping store, The Stamp Pad. It's no secret that I have a fondness for Whimsy stamps and their Halloween collection that The Stamp Pad carried was too irresistible to not use for this class!!

Isn't she adorable? I had a really hard time deciding how to color her so that her fur looked "furry". There is always the blender dot method or using the blender solution on a little piece of towel but I just didn't want to do that since I had already colored a little owl (will show you that one later) using that technique. After a few (okay, a lot) of trial and errors, I decided that using several colors of grey flicked in to make her stripey was the best option. After I was happy with my coloring job I came up with this simple layout using Doodlebug paper and a fun spider web die cut by Taylored Expressions. 

I'll be back on Friday with a fun Mummy Dog from Whimsy...he's ADORABLE! See ya soon :)



1 comment: