Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween fun with Washi

Hi everyone. I'm back with another fun Halloween inspired card from my archives and it uses just one stamp! Yup, you read that right, ONE stamp and hardly no cardstock at all!! It's clean & Simple (CAS), not a lot of details, packs a little colorful punch and takes just minutes to throw together so if you need a lot of Halloween cards and don't have a lot of time then this just may be perfect for you!


I started off by making a tall fold A2 sized card base (using a sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock, cut it in half on the 8 1/2" side). I then cut a panel and attached it using foam tape/pop dots to the card base. I found the center of the panel and measured out 1 1/2 inches to either side and started layering random lengths of Washi until I had a 3" across area filled in (now mind you, these are Washi's I had on hand and use all the time in spring and summer too. I just pulled some colors that work for Halloween, no need to go buy special Washi ;) ). I then stamped my little DeNami Halloween Spider Web in black then punched it out with a 3" scalloped circle punch but it's just as fun to die cut it with a die you already have. This little stamp is perfect because it  has the sentiment and images all in one!! I added a little grey to the spiders then attached it to the card base using foam tape/pop dots and finished it all up with DeNami's Extra Fine & Onyx glitters. I thought it still needed just a little something...you know how hard it is for me to make a true CAS card, lol!! I added a bit of twine and called it a day ;)

Well I hope you like the results as much as I do. I'd love to see your version if you re-make this little cutie...happy card making!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment