Thursday, February 5, 2015

Valentine Treats

Hi everyone! Are y'all ready for Valentines Day? I made a couple of treat boxes for hubby, now my only issue is to try not to eat the yummy chocolaty goodness before I give them to him, lol!

I started off with 2 different boxes from the Boutique Box section at DeNami - CB200 2-1/4 X 2-1/4 X 1 and CB500 4-1/2 X 1-1/2 X 1.

For this box I simply added a strip of Washi around the top and bottom edges. I die cut a little panel that leaves a small embossed edge. I colored the edge to make it look like it was layered then randomly stamped the little hearts in a pale pink. Using the sentiments from the Monster Love set I stamped two in a hot pink and the kisses in red and then colored it in so it would stand out more. I added a bit of twine and two little punched hearts to finish it all off then attached it to the upper corner of the box with my tape runner. 

This box was made pretty much like the other one. I started with a strip of washi around the center of the box. I Die cut a panel and colored the edge then stamped the little hearts randomly in a pale pink. I decided to go with an image this time around instead of just a sentiment. After stamping and coloring the owl special delivery I simply attached it to the box using my tape runner....easy peasy, right?

2 comments: