Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shine like a star

Hi everyone! Did you get a chance to read yesterday's post...hope that I have inspired YOU to take a chance and join in on some challenge fun or to start submitting your work to magazines. :)

The comments from yesterdays post brought tears to my eyes...ruined a good make-up day ;)  Ya'll are just so sweet (hugs)! I greatly appreciate you and the time that you take to read my blog and Facebook posts. You play a big part in what keeps me going!! I better get to today's post before I tear up again...ya'll have me overwhelmed!!

Today's card is a challenge submission, lol, plus the next 2 days will be challenge submissions too! See, I don't give up! ;)


I've had the idea for this card in my head for quite a while, however, I planned in using hearts because I was actually going to try the layout for a shower card during my wedding theme week. I ended up making too many cards so this idea got shoved back, lol. When I saw the 10 Minute craft Dash's current theme this layout immediately came to mind.

My desk before starting:
The carnage as a result of working within the 10 minutes ;)

Here's my creation...
The time was pretty close - 9min. 57sec. - those stars took forever to punch out! I wanted the stars to have motion so I cut the patterned (stripes)by hand  in a swoosh (starts up then goes down and back up again) and attaching them went quickly since I didn't want them uniform. I made the pattern paper at the top using the teeny star background stamp from DeNami. I originally wanted a little bling between the sentiments but all the ones I had were too big so I ended up using a marker for the separation of the words. Unfortunately I was running low on time so I had to make the decision to just add the twine bow instead of threading it through a button. However, I like the plain bow and the button may have just been a distraction from the stars.


Have you had a chance to read all about our birthday celebration here on at the Addict blog?? I'm giving away a yummy DeNami gift certificate to a random winner. All you have to do to enter is follow one little rule...make a birthday themed card of your choice! No DeNami products have to be used & no special color palettes. Link up to the birthday celebration and at the end of the month I'll be drawing a random name for the prize package!

That's it for me today, I'll see you right back here tomorrow with a card for The Shabby Tea Room challenge! Thanks for joining me today :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the color combo you used and the background stamp is cute the stars are so little :)
    Thanks for playing with us in the 10 minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card...love the colors, paper and the stars are awesome. Can't believe you did it in under 10 minutes with all the punching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the star border across it!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card with lots of FUN stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the colours - coral is becoming one of my new favourites!! Thanks so much for joining in the with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!!
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete