Friday, May 10, 2013

A little challenge and some inspiration...

Happy Friday everyone!!!! I'm sure glad this week is over, it's been a tough one since my pinched nerve issue decided to rear it's ugly head...sigh. I was helping hubby rebuild our back porch which I knew was a big no-no, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do, right? A little rest and I'll be back to normal again and able to play with my lovely stamps again! That's the worst part...seeing my pretty little stamps, ink colors and papers and not being able to create...pure torture!!!
 
Well, enough on all of that, today I have a couple of things for ya. Sunday is Mother's Day so I wanted to give you the links to the Mother's Day cards and project I posted just in case you procrastinated and need a little inspiration and I wanted to post a little card that I made for a challenge over at Paper Sweeties :)

 
I couldn't stop at just a couple of Mother's Day cards....I ended up making 6! Guess I have a card for my Mom for the next 5 years, lol!!! And since she's not a "black & red" color combo kinda gal I get to keep my "white board" ;)  She would never use one anyway so no loss to her on that, lol.





fun & easy floral card
A jar of country flowers
A little shabby chic Mother's day card
Bright Flowers
A Mother's day bouquet
An elegant Mother's day card
 

Now for a little challenge I wanted to enter. I made this card a week ago but just never had a chance to take a picture and post it...sigh. Today is the day though!! Paulina introduced us to Paper Sweeties over on her personal blog, Pretty Pink Posh and I fell in love with the darling little stamps and couldn't wait to add a few to my stamp collection!
 
Paper Sweeties has a monthly sketch challenge and I thought I'd try my hand at it...ya'll know I love sketch challenges, so how could I resist ;)
 
Here's my little card. Now mind you, this isn't my usual style, but ya know, I'm really liking it!!
 
I used a fluffy little cloud from Paper Sweeties along with one of the kites (the blue one) and a kite from DeNami (pink) and the sentiment is one of my faves from DeNami. The larger kite is from Hero Arts I think but don't hold me to that ;) hehehe. This is a little more fussy than my usual style but I'm trying to create outside of my little box....hope ya'll like it!! :)
 
 
Well, that's it for me today. Have a GREAT weekend and a VERY HAPPY Mother's Day!!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Well, this couldn't be any more darling, Tina! I adore those puffy clouds and kites and the pretty, pastel color palette on your card! Thanks for sharing this little lovelie with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you created outside of your comfort zone and you should do so more often! Love the layers. Thank you you for sharing your card with us for the PSSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card with the sweet kites and clouds! Perfect for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete